COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in the interactive areas of our Services, fill out a form, provide us with your business card or other contact information, participate in a contest or promotion, complete a survey, sign up to receive one of our newsletters, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name and contact details, job title, industry sector, photographs, videos and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When You Use the Services When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your mobile device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as web beacons) are used to enhance your experience by allowing us to tailor our content based on your interests and distinguish you from other users of our Services. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that does not contain any personal data, and that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. A cookie can contain information, such as a user ID or preferences, which the Services use to personalize content, track the pages you've visited or to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Services. We do not track your personal data through cookies, unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering or logging on to our Services. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our Services function as intended. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Third-Party Cookies: We may allow third parties to place cookies on your device for advertising and analytics purposes. For more information about these cookies, please see "Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices
- Resolve technical issues related to the Services, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, surveys, contests, promotions, rewards and events offered by Raytek and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
Raytek is based in the United States. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. Raytek does not sell or rent information about its customers to third parties.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With our parent companies, Danaher Corporation, Fluke Corporation and other entities in our corporate family
- With distributors, resellers and channel partners in connection with the sale of our products and for their own marketing purposes (please see "Your Privacy Rights" below for more information about your choices with respect to this type of sharing)
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Raytek, Fluke or others
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
- With your consent or at your direction
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the YouTube "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Google Analytics and Google Remarketing
This website uses Google Analytics and Google Remarketing. These are services of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. The last three digits of the IP address will then be cut off by Google. A clear association of the IP address will therefore no longer be possible. Google respects the data protection rules of the "US Safe Harbor Treaty” and is registered with the "Safe Harbor Program” of the US department of commerce.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will never associate your IP address with any other Google data. Data gathering and data storage can be disputed at any time with effect for the future.
Third parties, including Google, place ads on websites in the Internet. Third parties, including Google, use saved cookies to place ads on the basis of previous visits of a user on this website.
However, in that case, please be aware that you might not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. The use of this website implies your agreement to Google using the data collected from you in the way described above and for the purpose described above.
The data gathering and data storage can be disputed at any time with effect for the future. Further information about the terms and conditions of Google can be found here.
Surveys and Contests
Participation in surveys or contests on the Raytek website is completely voluntary and the user therefore, has a choice whether or not to disclose personal information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as the industry you are working in, your function or the size of your plant or shop). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
Please be aware that the Raytek website may contain links to other sites that are covered by their own privacy policies. Raytek is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and we encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site. We recommend that our users read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Raytek takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Privacy Rights
As described above, we may share information about you with third parties for their own marketing purposes. To opt out of having your information shared in this way, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-831-458-1175.
If you wish to delete your information, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Raytek by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.